Sunday, January 6, 2013

Valentine's Day Planning



With the Christmas holiday behind me, I've decided it's time to start thinking ahead to the next big gift giving occassion:  Valentine's Day. I love this holiday.  We celebrate the day with small, inexpensive, but carefully chosen gifts at our house.

 I'll never forget the year that we were broke at Valentine's Day, and forced to abide by a very small gift giving budget.  My husband kept teasing me that he had purchased jewelery for me.  I couldn't imagine what kind of jewelery he purchased for less than $5.  So when the big day rolled around, I opened my package with some skepticism.  Imagine how I laughed when I realized that he had purchased a one dollar lanyard for me to hang my nametag from.  The truth was, I had been wanting one, but we were literally counting every penny, and I hadn't yet bought it for myself.  I loved that plain black lanyard, and smiled every time I wore it. Proof positive that it's the thought that counts!

I would love to help someone else give a treasured gift to one that they love this year.  So, I've decided to set aside most of January to think about homemade gifts for Valentine's Day.  Maybe one or two of them will end up going to my family before it's all said and done.

Since knitting needs to go on the back burner for awhile, it's going to take some serious research and creativity to decide on some Valentine's projects.  You can look forward to seeing some new craft tutorials in the coming weeks.

Do you have any ideas for great Valentine's Day?   Leave a comment and a link.  I'd love to see what you are up to in preparation for the big day.

No comments:

Post a Comment