Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Excercises for Repetitive Strain and Cutting Myself Some Slack


Just before Christmas, I did a fund raiser that involved a lot of knitting.  The result is that my hands and arms are very tired.  I have all these plans for my Etsy shop that involve knitting, but I'm having to face the facts that my near future needs to involve some other types of crafting that use different movements.

It's going to take some creativity and research to figure out what I'm going to do instead.  I love to knit and would happily do it 24/7 without burnout.  While I try to figure out what I'm up to next, I'm going to be finishing up some projects that I have in the hopper.  One of them is a bleach stencil T. So, be looking out for pics and a description of that adventure.  I will also be doing some stretches to try and relieve some of the strain I've put on my arms.

Are you needing a few stretches of your own?  Try this video.  I love these easy stretches.  They're uncomfortable at first, but feel great with some practice. For a detailed description and therapy routine, you can try this series of three videos.

No comments:

Post a Comment